2831 Stratford Rd.
This home was built in 1947 by L.S. Black, who was apparently a Forest Hills Neighbor on Stratford Road. The property was purchased from Mr. & Mrs. Furman Hewitt by Mr. & Mrs. Herman J. Kropp. They moved into the house in 1948.
Mr. Kropp was quite a gardener and collected nearly 30 varieties of camelias, hydrangeas, snow bell bulbs, daffodils, and many more. The rich soil is attributed to many Sunday afternoon visits to a local dairy farm for fertilizer.
Both Mr. & Mrs. Kropp worked at Kropp Jewelers in Taylor Street until they retired and closed the store. Mr. Kropp died in April of 1996 and his wife passed in January of 2013.
The home is currently owned and occupied by a grandchild and great grandchildren.
Thanks to Winky Zeberlein for submitting this information!